Best Books for SSC JEE Preparation
SSC JE is a recruitment examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The exam is conducted for the post of Junior Engineer (JE) across various Central Government Departments.
SSC JE is one of the most competitive examinations and candidates fret a lot about its preparation strategy. The best way is to begin with some of the most recommended books. They contain all important topics that are written after an extensive research. Also, they elaborate on all the fundamentals associated. Many a times, the questions in these books also appear in the actual exam.
Hence, we have curated some of the best books that you may refer to. But before that, here is SSC JE Exam Pattern in brief:
SSC JE Exam Pattern- Paper 1
- Paper 1 has 200 objective type questions that are to be attempted in online mode.
- There are 3 sections in the question paper, namely General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering.
- First two sections entail 50 questions each, while the third section contains 100 questions.
- The third section (General Engineering) will contain 3 parts – Part A (Civil and Quantity Surveying Contract), B (Electrical), C (Mechanical) and candidates have to attempt only one part, depending on the subject selected at the time of filling application form.
- +1 mark is given for each correct answer, while -¼ marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
SSC JE Exam Pattern- Paper 2
- There will be 1 section in question paper, namely General Engineering.
- Paper will contain 3 parts – Part A (Civil and Quantity Surveying Contract), B (Electrical), C (Mechanical) and the candidate has to attempt only one part depending on the subject selected at the time of filling application
- Examination duration is of 2 hours.
- Paper 2 is conducted in offline mode with only subjective questions.
Now that you are clear with the exam pattern, here are all the must-read books for SSC JE Preparation.
SSC JE Books for Mechanical Engineering
Candidates opting for Mechanical Engineering can refer following books
- SSC Junior Engineers Exam Mechanical by Ramesh Publishing House
- SSC JE Mechanical Engineering 10 Solved Papers & 10 Practice Papers Paperback – 15 Mar 2017 by GKP
- SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Guide Paperback – 15 Mar 2017 by GKP Publication
4. SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide) Paperback – 2017 by RPH Editorial Board
- Mechanical Engineering (Conventional and Objective Type): Conventional and Objective Types by R.S. Khurmi and S Chand
- SSC JE: Mechanical Engineering – Topicwise Previous Solved Papers Paperback – Mar 2017 by Made easy Publication
- SSC JE Mechanical Engineering (Previous Years Solved Paper) Paperback – 2017 by A Member OF Engineers Academy Publication
SSC JE Books for Civil Engineering
Candidates opting for Civil Engineering can refer following books
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil book( CPWD/MES/CWE ) : Civil Engineering Solved Papers & Practice Sets 2017 Paperback – 10 Mar 2017 by Hatti Aggarwal Publication
- SSC CPWD – MES Civil Engineering book (Junior Engg. Recruitment Exam) Includes Solved Paper 2013 – 2015 by GKP
- Civil Engineering: Conventional and Objective Type book by R.S. Khurmi and J.K. Gupta
- SSC JE (CPWD/CWC/MES) Civil Engineering & Papers book Paperback – 10 Apr 2017 by HAP
- SSC JE Civil Engineering & Previous Year Papers book Paperback – 12 Feb 2017 by HAP
- SSC Junior Engineers Civil Engineering: 19 Practice Sets and 9 Solved Papers 2008-2015 (CPWD/MES) by GKP
- SSC Jr.Engineers (Civil/Structural) Exam Guide 1st Edition (English, Paperback) by RPH Editorial Board
SSC JE Books for Electrical Engineering
Candidates opting for Electrical Engineering can refer following books
- SSC CPWD-CWC-MES Junior Engineers Electrical Engineering : Recruitment Examination Includes Solved Papers 2013 7th Edition by GKP
- Jr Engineers Exam Guide – Electrical (English, Paperback) by RPH Editorial Board
- SSC JUNIOR Engineer Exam Electrical Engineering Practice Work Book (Paperback) by Kiran Prakashan
- SSC Junior Engineer Electrical Engineering Paper 1 (CPWD/MES) Recruitment Examination 2015 1 Edition (English, Paperback) by Arihant Experts
- SSC Jen 2016 Electrical Engineering (Objective) (Paperback) by ECT TEAM
- Objective Electrical Technology revised edition Edition (English, Paperback) by V K Mehta, Rohit Mehta
Why We Recommend You These Books?
The above-mentioned books hold a great importance in deciding your success. We recommend you these popular books due to the following reasons:
- These books contain topic wise theory chapters, enabling candidates to get hold of fundamentals and way to solve questions, along with setting off your thought process towards concluding the answer.
- These books contain topic-wise question banks, allowing aspirants to practise every kind of question that can be asked from within each sub-topic.
- These books contain mock tests and practise papers, which are exactly in the same format and pattern, in which the actual examination will be conducted. These are extremely helpful towards the final preparation days, allowing candidates to formulate and adopt their individual time management strategies and accuracy in answers.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that books play an extremely significant role in deciding your preparation path. Thus, their selection must be done cautiously and carefully. We hope you refer to these books and score well in SSC JE. Good luck!